Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wedding Week...

I know that I've been terribly behind in my blogging and I'm so sorry! I initially began writing this gargantuan post attempting to fill in all of the details of the past weeks in perfect chronological order, but (thankfully!) thought better of it. So be prepared for the bits and pieces that are likely to pop up as I settle in for the remainder of my holiday respite from school...

Wedding Week

Can I tell you how excited I am to be married? The week of our wedding was incredible. As friends and family poured into Williamsburg from all over the country, Justin and I were just overwhelmed with how fortunate we are to be so undeniably loved by so many magnificent people.

My bridesmaid and best friend, Erin, and her husband, Mark, came in Tuesday from Florida and were just on top of it, no matter what "it" happened to be. Mark even sat on the couch tying little tiny brown ribbons to little tiny candles for the ceremony...100 of them!! Erin ran errands, stopped to pick up coffee, and stayed up late even when I wasn't sure what it was I meant to be accomplishing at the late hour! She and her brother, Mike, even stayed to help me put the layers of rolled fondant over the layers of wedding cake after I realized that I'd never actually fondanted a 16 x 4 inch tier before (I meant to practice that...oops!). Picture the four of us (Justin woke up to help us) covered head to toe in cocoa powder with arms under the fondant past our elbows trying to move it over the cake without tearing the fondant, hitting the cake, or in anyway misshaping what will be the base of the wedding cake...quite a sight to be sure!

It was also wonderful that, aside from the cake, just about everything was done by Wednesday. Wednesday evening actually ended up being this fantastic, laid back evening that is one of my best memories of the week! Justin's parents came in that day, and although his Dad was under the weather and stayed back to sleep, his Mom came over to our place and hung out. My longtime friend and bridesmaid, Kim, arrived with her daughter, Avery, and her brother and new sister-in-law, Brian and Seema. Our friends, Jennie & Rebekah also came by to spend some time...Jennie was our officiant and she couldn't have done a more perfect job! We lit a fire, cracked open a few beers, and just enjoyed being surrounded by the exceptional people that we are privileged to call our friends!

A little snapshot of Wednesday...



And Thursday...


Friday was "spa day" for the girls and "golf day" for the boys. The girls spent the morning sipping mimosas, eating breakfast pastry, and getting beautified, while the guys ended up having a perfect, albeit slightly chilly, day hitting the links. We (the girls!) had a gourmet lunch at the Williamsburg Winery before everyone headed back to get ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

Spa Day...


Ladies Who Lunch...


Keep an eye out for a post about the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner...an adventure it was!

No comments: