Thursday, February 5, 2009

Moving Forward

So I have been overwhelmed with the ever growing list of things to decide, learn, organize, and do to move this photography decision forward. What do I call it? Everyone seems to use their names, but "Cindy Giovagnoli Photography"? (1) It doesn't have much of a ring to it, and (2) I have a sneaking suspicion that people would avoid calling because they didn't know how to pronounce it! So Justin and I have a new game that we have been playing all week. The rules mostly seem to consist of tacking the word "photography" onto everything in sight. "Spoon Photography?" No. "How 'bout 'Fork Photography'?" Nope. "Ooh! Ooh! What about 'Fork AND Spoon Photography'?" Seriously? Is this the best we can do?

That said, at least the general color scheme is relatively simple...I'm just going to carry over the colors I've been using for my organization business for the last several years: Carolina blue (a light blue for all who may be unaware of UNC's colors!) and a deep chocolate brown. I'm excited to play with some accent colors, though, and keep getting drawn back to red as my primary accent. I would use that blue for everything if I could (take my house as an example- my office is painted that color with white trim and espresso colored wood everywhere; my bedroom is all blue, brown, and white...I just LOVE LOVE LOVE those three colors together!!!). I have been working with my friend, Mary Elisa, a super talented artist who works with a large marketing firm in Chicago to come up with my palette and she has been just fantastic!



Now if only we could settle on a name...

No comments: