Monday, November 10, 2008

A moment of solitude...





Amidst the craziness of weddings and school, I've found myself in desperate need of a moment to myself lately. The opportunity for one came up suddenly while running an errand Friday afternoon! I realized, as I was about to get back onto the highway to head home, that I was right next to the entrance to a great local park. Umstead Park has a plethora of fantastic trails as well as great picnic spots and I really loved the opportunity to get to know it better a few years ago when I ran the very well executed Umstead Trail Marathon.

So I decided to avail myself of the opportunity and eat my lunch at the park. I didn't have much time, but even those 10 minutes were sufficient to bring a sense of calm back into my heart. It's no secret that I love fall deeply and the light in the trees was just incredible. I'm so glad that fall has come to North Carolina!



















1 comment:

Meredith said...

you're a fabulous foliage (f)otographer!

we miss you and cannot wait for you to take maine foliage pictures next year!

-meredith and cain