Monday, November 24, 2008

Holy Cow...it's time!!!!

I am going to keep this brief as it is very nearly 4am and I still have quite a bit to do before I get to sleep (I say this as though I believe I will sleep tonight...)

WE ARE GOING TO VIRGINIA IN 6 HOURS! I am getting married in 5 days!!

Between this moment and that one, I need to figure out how to get an ENORMOUS amount of "stuff" into Justin and my cars! Justin spent approximately 5 hours today trying to acquire and then assemble all of the correct pieces to move the Yakima rack from the roof of the old KIA (aka "The Roller Skate" who, after 200,000 miles and many a fond memory will soon be joining the ranks of NPR donations) onto the Mazda. I'm not sure that he actually finished, but between the dark (you should have seen how cute he was out there with his headlamp on) and the cold (hey- it got into the low 30s!), he bailed around 9pm.

I also need to finish a tax research project, at least start two separate tax finals (have I mentioned how much I love law school and how impeccable my choice of wedding date is in relation to final exams...), bake my wedding cake, assemble welcome gifts, meet with my vendors one final time, and remember that THIS is IT! This is the "stuff of life", those moments that you look back on for the rest of your days as "the good stuff." I searched for 30 years for the "right" guy (well, a good chunk of that time was spent finding the "right" ME, figuring out what I wanted in the "right" guy, and then recognizing that I found him once I had! But you get the picture...). My goal this week is, aside from doing what I can as far as getting my "to do" list taken care of, to be here in this moment, to be fully present and to STOP and recognize how fortunate I truly am. I have so much to be grateful for, this Thanksgiving even more than usual!

So just in case I don't find a moment to post in the next week or so, bear with my silence and I promise to make up for it over the Christmas holiday! In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Thanks for the update, Cindy! Good luck with getting everything into the cars- I know you'll find a way! I cannot wait to talk to you guys once you all are officially Giovagnolis! Travel safely and have a wonderful time. We'll be thinking of you all week!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! i love that you're aware enough to remember that THIS IS IT. it can be so easy to blow past the important things while knocking stuff off the to-do list. hope everything went well!