Sunday, January 18, 2009

Setting the...bar?

So a curious thing has started happening over the past several months. It began in fits and starts when I began the process of looking for wedding photographers and was introduced to the wide fabulous world of photography blogs (you can follow people's lives and thoughts and see their images as they happen! Who knew?!?)! It started to get worse as I learned a little more here and there. When my friend, Meredith, began getting more serious about her photography (she did our amazing engagement photos!) she became my drug dealer- providing me with photography "crack" in every conversation.

This curious thing, this sense of coming alive whenever I learn some tidbit of information about photography, whenever I find a free moment to catch up on one of the various blogs I follow, to see what new and amazing images some talented person created, just seems to keep getting worse and worse. I'm going to be a lawyer. I have spent 3 (more, actually, but that is a "whole other" post!) years striving and working and sacrificing to attain this degree so that I can make the world a more just place-right? right? RIGHT? Surely I will like practice more than I like law school...surely! And I just have to find that type of law that doesn't feel completely out of line with those parts of me I treasure most...it's out there somewhere, right? I just have to find it...and stay focused...stay focused!!

Do I have to? Or

No comments: